We may not have it all together but together we have it all

Monday, September 7, 2009

I'm going to try it out......

Melissa has inspired me to try a shot at this blogging thing, since I love reading hers. I can't guarantee that I will be good with the updated posts but I will try my hardest to keep up with it.

After a long weekend, I am looking forward to Dave going back to work and the kids back to school. Don't get me wrong, I normally love when Dave is home from work but Benjamin hasn't been feeling well so has been attached to Dave more than usual which can drive him crazy after a while. Which then drives me crazy and so on and so forth. They are were all asleep by 7:30 so I am finally enjoying some peace and quite. Luckily we go to the Dr tomorrow for Ben's 18 month check-up so if he needs any meds he can get them tomorrow. Fingers crossed he starts to feel better soon, because we need a full night sleep in this house!

My baby girl had her first try of rice cereal tonight but wasn't too fond of it. I love the faces they make when they try something new for the first time, they are classic. She is getting so big and before we know it will be crawling around the house. Now she just needs to grow some hair and it will be all good :)

Bradley has started hockey again, this weekend is evaluations and then practices and games start up. He seems to like school but getting him to read at home is like pulling teeth, so frustrating. If anyone has ideas on good 2nd grade books, please share!

Emily is loving school and riding the school bus! Looking for a gymnastics class to sign her up for since she didn't care for ice skating too much. Other than that she is wonderful when she wants to be and can drive you up the wall when she wants too.

Well off to finish my profile and add some pics. Until next time.......

9 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm soooooo excited you started a blog. It looks great and I love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVe Ben's face with the picture of Dave and the kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haley-try Junie B Jones books I know they are more of a girl book it seems but Hayden did like them also. They are funny so I think it is for all- girls and boys. Also try Captain UnderPants books. Yes, Hayden HAted to read also, but was very good at it when he did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures! Congrats on your blogger adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haley try nate the great books! How good are you having blog:) Summer cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - first Melissa and now Haley as bloggers! YOu girls are wonderful. Love all of the pictures Haley. I especially love the chance to stay in touch and hear about your everyday life. Hope Ben feels better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I think you do a wonderful job at being a mom to 4 small children and running a household! You rock mama ;) I hope Ben is feeling better tonight and you get some rest. I think that sweet boy is PERFECT! I understand your frustration with Bradely and reading. I often have the same problem with Maddy. The fighting gets old FAST! Have you tried getting homework and reading done right after school so then he has the rest of the afternoon and evening to play? I have to do it that way with Maddy or it's meltdown central here. OY! Or maybe a rewards idea would work for him, a little incentive might grab his attention. Get some sleep and I hope tomorrow is a better day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad Ben is doing better. Give him a hug and kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I am so sorry to hear about Ben:( I remember when they had to do that with trevor cause he had really bad croup. I am glad the treatments help!! It sounds to me like he is doing fine so maybe he doesn't pull your hand but if he wants your attention he gets it! I wouldn't worry about those silly doctors he is gonna blow them away when he is ready just wait and see:) As far as Bradley goes I have his twin living at my house. I battle with Dylan everyday about reading and many times he gets sent to bed because I am sick of fighting. Melissa is right I have to have dylan do his work after school as well so then at night all he has to do is read a book before he can watch tv. I think you are a wonderful mom hang in there:) You didn't fail by having a rough morning you had a rough morning cause you are a mom that cares about your son and wants him to be a better reader. Mom's that don't care don't get the fights but they fail as parents and so do their kids. Hang in there luv you:)

    ReplyDelete