We may not have it all together but together we have it all

Monday, September 15, 2014

The start of her educational journey....

First Day of Kindergarten 2014-2015
(Elisabeth started four days after older ones, on 8/26/14)

The day started with sending the older three off on the bus, then my girl and I started our day.  The morning was filled with excitement, not only did school start that afternoon, Elisabeth also started her first gymnastics class that morning.  We were able to get in a brief snuggle time and had our talk about the upcoming school year.



This little bird was ready to jump out of the nest and fly.  There was no sadness, no tears just pure joy in getting able to ride the bus with her BFF Bella, have snack and maybe get to see her big brother in the halls.



I on the other hand was filled with sadness and tears.  How was it possible that my baby girl was starting Kindergarten today!  Wasn't it just yesterday that I was having a play date with family and friends, when they convinced me to take a test and I found out I was surprisingly pregnant AGAIN!!!!!  The joy I thought I would feel, knowing that in four short hours, I was going to have kid free time, didn't seem so joyful.

The time came and we went to the bus stop.  Smiles on both of our faces and one excited little girl.  She got on with no tears, no tears from me and a great day followed!




A special thank you to my friend Melissa, for taking me out for a birthday lunch that day.  A nice lunch with a friend and a margarita helped keep the sadness away.

Miss Elisabeth has had a wonderful few weeks so far and I'm sure the rest of the year will be the same.  I hope she learns to love reading, makes special friends and knows with knowledge, she can conquer any dream she has for herself!