We may not have it all together but together we have it all

Thursday, August 21, 2014

First Day of School 2014-2015

This morning I sent three of four chambers of my heart off to school.  I was very emotional today, maybe it is because I'm another year older today or the fact that all four of my loves are going to school.  But today as each one of them got ready and I took their 1st day of school pictures, I thought, goodness where has the time gone!

Before bed last night, I gave each of them my new school year talk.  I told them how important school is, how giving it their best is all we ask, to embrace learning, have fun, you are smart and most of all be the beautiful you that you are! 

To their bus drivers, please take care of my babies.  Drive safe, no speeding and be mindful of the behavior of all the kids on the bus.  Don't take any nonsense and don't let them be the receiver of nonsense.

To their teachers, I give you my soul for 190 days.  I ask that you help them grow into the wonderful little humans, I know they can be.  To help them learn the love of education, to help praise them for their growth and help them with their struggles. To open their eyes to stories, history and the future.  To love them as much as I do when they are in your hands.

A truly special teacher is very wise, and sees tomorrow in every child's eyes. ~Author Unknown

Bradley Michael Hemmer -  7th grade August 2014

 
 
Emily Christine Hemmer - 5th grade August 2014

 
 
Benjamin Robert Hemmer - 1st grade August 2014



To my babies, I hope this school year is full of learning, fun and friendships.  Embrace all you are being taught, make new friends, try your best and most of all be amazing kids I know you can be.  Dad and I are so proud of you all and love you to the moon and back!!

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You'll Go!