We may not have it all together but together we have it all

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Holiday Season 2010

As I am putting away the Christmas decorations, I can't help but feel a little sad. Christmas is my favorite time of the year! My holiday season starts on Thanksgiving Day. I look forward to seeing my Dad's side of the family because it would have been months since I have seen them last. Then off to Dave's family and hopefully his sister Jen & family are there because we NEVER see them often enough. It is the one time of year where Emily has her other girl cousin Ellie there to play with, something she looks forward to every year. After that the older two and I go to my Aunt Gay's which I love because we start to plan our Black Friday day of shopping. Most people think I am nuts to get up at 2:30am to shop but I love it and look forward to it every year!

Bradley, Emily, Benjamin and Elisabeth Thanksgiving Day 2010



The weekend after Thanksgiving is when we put up the Christmas decorations. To the kids, this is one of the special times of the holiday season. I love watching them put the ornaments on the tree and hoping the tree doesn't topple over because all of the ornaments are on one side of the tree and at the bottom. This weekend was also super special because my bestest friend in the world gave birth to a beautiful baby girl Charlotte Grace!

Baby Charlotte



Kids decorating the Christmas Tree




Normally we will we have Breakfast with Santa as a whole group, but this year the kids and I along with their friend Spencer, had breakfast at Emily's school. They got to do a little shopping at Santa's secret shop, had a picture taken with Santa & some pancakes for breakfast.

Bradley, Spencer, Emily, Benjamin and Elisabeth at Breakfast with Santa




This year instead of having cookie day, we had a wedding to celebrate! My cousin Kelsey married the man of her dreams Mark on December 11, 2010. I was lucky enough to be a part of their special day by being one of her bridesmaids. She looked so beautiful that day and it truly was a wonderful time! Thank you Kelsey and Mark for letting me share that day with you. Love you guys!

Kelsey & Aunt Gay on the way to the Church




Finally the time had come.... Christmas celebration #1 with my Mom, Gary, Sisters & families. For the past few years I have hosted the celebration at our house. We have a nice sit down dinner & spend lots of time opening presents. My Mom & Gary, spoil us all rotten! My entire family is so lucky to have such a creative mom. She makes us wonderful presents, something my kids will get to cherish forever!

My kids, nieces and newphews



Cade, Connor and Bradley with their turtles that Mor Mor made them




The next day is Christmas celebration #2 spent at Aunt Kathy & Uncle Fred's for the Carrell Christmas. Another day of family, yummy food and more presents! It is always great to see that side because I don't see them as often as I would like.



The big day is almost here but first Christmas celebration #3 Christmas Eve at Aunt Gay's house. This day is one of the best. Swedish meatballs (they make the best), more family time and Santa's visit tops the list. We have been doing the same traditions since I can remember, singing along with Grandam Joy playing the paino waiting for Santa to arrive. The kids getting into their Christmas jammies so they will be ready for bed when we get home. And the best, yummiest food ever!

My beautiful family on Christmas Eve (note the girls are wearing Christmas Tutu's made by Mor Mor)




All the kids waiting for Santa's arrival



He made it, Santa is here!




The big day is here Christmas morning! Christmas morning is a huge day in the Hemmer house. I make sure I am up before any of the kids, sitting on the couch so I can snap pictures as soon as they get downstairs. The look on their faces when they see what Santa has left under the tree is priceless. We are truly blessed that we can give our kids such a wonderful day. Thank you Santa and Davey!











After opening presents here, we are on to Christmas celebration #4 at Dad's house. Dad and Terry make us the most fablous brunch on Christmas morning. And like Mom & Gary, spoil us rotten. I love them more than anything and can't thank them enough for all they do for us!

Finally the last stop of the year, Christmas celebration #5 at Dave's parents. Here we have a wonderful dinner, then more presents to open. Spoiled rotten once again!

On our drive home from the city, Dave and I talk about how it has gone by so fast. He is excitied this time of year is done and I am sad that is has passed so fast. I will miss seeing my family every weekend in December. While we all know what the true meaning of Christmas is, the birth of Jesus Christ, Christmas means family & love as well and I love my family more than anything in this world!

Wishing you all a Happy 2011!