We may not have it all together but together we have it all

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Turning a new leaf

Dave and I were talking last night and I said that I am going to turn a new leaf this year and learn to be more thankful.

I need to be thankful that I have a home for my family to live in, that is clean, big and filled with love, who cares if the floors are old and the bath & kitchen are outdated.

I need to be thankful that Dave has a job that pays the bills and lets the kids do fun things like hockey and cheerleading. Who cares if I can't go out and buy new clothes, stuff for the house and whatever else I want.

Check Spelling
I need to be thankful for our health, life is precious and I am thankful we have ours.

Another thing I learned last night was that I need to give Bradley and Emily more time. They kind of get the short end of the stick because they are older and can help themselves more than the Benjamin and Elisabeth can. But they are still kids and need their mommy & daddy just as much as the babies do. I love all my children with all my heart and need to do a better job showing them that love.

I also need to learn that yelling isn't always the best way to slove the problem. This is a huge issue I have, I am a yeller. After yelling at Bradley last night and sending him to his room, I went to talk to him because I didn't want him to be upset. My little guy is more sensitive than he likes to show but his feelings are real and I need to know that even though I think it isn't a big deal to yell, it is to him. He is 7 and pushing his limits but still needs to know that we love him even when you get angry with him.

It is all easier said than done. You know deep down you are thankful for all you have but in reality you always feel the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. So this New Year, I promise to be more thankful so my kids grow up to be thankful for all they have as well.